NON-TOXIC JEWELLERY SHINE
We always love hearing of unusual ways to use our products and we even wrote a journal article recently (link here), with all the creative ideas customers have shared. Just the other day a customer came into our Paddington store to buy a few of our essential oils to use in a natural recipe to clean jewellery - yay for a new discovery!
With just a few drops of your favourite Bondi Wash essential oil, some warm water and white vinegar you can make your durable metals shine again. We share the instructions below:
*Note: these instructions are intended for jewellery made of durable metals such as gold and silver. Pearls and precious stones are fragile and could be damaged by essential oils.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- A few drops of your favourite Bondi Wash essential oil. We recommend: Native Lemon or Buddhawood & Blackcurrant.
- Place 3 drops of the essential oil into the cup of warm water & white vinegar and mix well - the warm water helps to remove residue from hand lotions, soaps and any other nasties.
- Soak the jewellery in the solution for around 5 minutes and remove it.
- Scrub gently with a toothbrush if needed.
- Air dry or dry with a soft lent free cloth.
Most jewellery cleaners contain chemicals that may damage your precious keepsakes after repeated use. This all-natural recipe works just as well but won’t damage your jewellery.